(251) 653-9333 or (251) 928-1028 are the numbers for the original ServiceMaster disaster restoration company operating in Mobile and Baldwin Counties - ServiceMaster Advanced Cleaning & Restoration - The Master of Disaster. http://www.servicemastermobilealabama.com
We are the original ServiceMaster disaster restoration company operating on the Gulf Coast having been here for over thirty years. ServiceMaster and other franchise based companies have taken the hard work of many of their long time exitsing franchisees, and elected to parlay the good name that the franchises have made for them. In short, they have expanded and sold franchises in areas based upon erroneous market information, and have chosen to dilute many of their longstanding franchises. Such is the case in Mobile and Baldwin County. While there is little we can do about their efforts in this regard, we can let the public know that not all franchises are nearly the same, nor are all water and fire damage mitigation companies created equal. There are major differences between companies and their abilities, so you want to make sure that you are calling not only the right company, but the right ServiceMaster entity as well.
We prefer to keep the conversation about who WE are; not about what others do and provide. ServiceMaster Advanced Cleaning of Mobile AL specializes in Water Damage Restoration Services, Fire Damage Restoration & Mold Remediation including Carpet Cleaning & Drying, Wall Drying, Hardwood Floor Drying and Cabinet Drying for both Commercial and Residential Clients. We provide a number of deep cleaning services including post-construction cleaning, detail cleaing, hard surface floor refinishing in addition to janitorial at our sister company, ServiceMaster Services, (251) 344-5105. This company provides janitorial to some of the most well-know entities in the Mobile area. http://www.servicemastermobilealabama.com/Janitorial.html. Also, please check our testimonials page: http://www.servicemastermobilealabama.com/Testimonials.html. We have so many of these unsolicited comments and thank you notes that it is impossible to post them all!
Based out of Mobile AL, Daphne, AL and Foley, AL, we serve the entire local area including Mobile, Citronelle, Saraland, Satsuma, Chickasaw, Prichard, Eight Mile, Semmes, Theodore, Grand Bay, Irvington, Bayou La Batre, Dauphin Island, Bay Minette, Loxley, Stapleton, Spanish Fort, Daphne, Lillian, Fairhope, Silver Hill, Foley, Elberta, Seminole, Magnolia Springs, Orange Beach, Perdido Key, Gulf Shores and every community in Mobile and Baldwin Counties in South Alabama; and Pascagoula, Gulfport, Biloxi and every community in Jackson and Harrison Counties in Mississippi.
ServiceMaster Advanced Cleaning is part of the largest ServiceMaster group of companies specifically performing water damage and mitigation services in the Mobile and Baldwin County area. ServiceMaster Advanced Cleaning, The Master of Disaster, has been in operation in the Mobile area for over 30 years and has handled some of largest water damage and fire damage cleanup jobs in the Mobile area. From tornado cleanup jobs during the tornadoes of Christmas 2012 in Mobile, and in Hattiesburg, MS in 2013; to hurricane cleanup jobs in Hurricanes Ivan, Katrina, and every Spring rain and flood event to happen in the area in the last quarter century, ServiceMaster Advanced has been there. We didn’t just begin our mitigation company last year, we have been here all along and have steadily grown with the community and helped the parent company innovate and improve the brand. ServiceMaster Advanced Cleaning has performed mitigation jobs for the Alabama State Docks, The Mobile Convention Center, the RSA Tower, The Mobile Infirmary, the AmSouth Tower, the Regions Bank Building, the University of South Alabama, The City of Mobile, The County of Mobile, Springhill College, Springhill Memorial, ST Mobile Aerospace, Airbus, The Mobile County School System, The Corps of Engineers, The State of Alabama and many many more commercial buildings and thousands of homeowners. If you find yourself in need of mitigation services for your home or business, trust the true professionals, the company that the commercial industry turns to time and again, The Master of Disaster, ServiceMaster Advanced Cleaning & Restoration (251) 653-9333 / (251) 928-1028.
We hear the horror stories about both branded and non-branded mom & pop operations. Here are a few:
1. A local hotel operator told us of a crew that showed up with all temporary workers to dry his facility. They called the company in the middle of the night and it took them three hours to respond. When they got there, the job was unorganized, disrupted his guests and he said the work was "sub par".
2. A local mitigation company utilized a dessicant dehimidifier without using air movers (apparently he didn't know proper drying techniques), and let it run for 12 days! The small commercial job could have been done in 4 days tops. He rented the equipment and was determined to recover his dailey rental costs, and over-billed the customer by approximately $20,000.
3. During the Spring floods of 2014, one of our competitors consistently quoted one and a half times, what we would charge. We were called many times by customers in shock and asked to quote. Bear in mind that many of these flood events were non-insured losses.
4. During the Spring floods of 2014, one of our competitors over charged for work on a commercial building. This was clear by the fact that their estimate did not include and allow for, the reduction in equipment charges as areas dried over the five-day period. In other words, the drying equipment charged for on the last day, was exactly the same as the initial equipment used initially. This is one of the first things an insurance company looks for. Apparently there was no monitoring (checking) the jobs during the process.
5. An inexperienced contractor tore out a client's mold affected bathroom without erecting proper containment. He spread mold spores and contamination throughout the customer's home.
6. A small company was attempting to dry a laminate floor the had been throughly immersed in water. While real hardwood floors can often be saved via rescue mats, laminate floors are ruined and must be removed if they are completely affected. The company in question charged for the attempted drying service, although the floors were ultimately removed.
7. The same small company above, ignorant of IICRC standards, continuously overloads homes with more than the requisite number of air movers and dehumidifiers, over charging the customer.
8. Another new entity markets heavily to plumbers and offers them a "finders fee". This highly unethical practice has resulted in over charges and poor service.
9. An area mitigation company could not dry a customer's house. They simply didn't know how to do the proper drying calculations. They had not been trained in psychrometrics and were not properly certified in Advanced Structural Drying or Water Damage Restoration. They tried drying for two weeks and the customer wound up having mold! We woulnd up handling the job and cleaned up the mess.
10. Another supposed mitigation company advertised that they were a "one stop" company and could do all the rebuild. Problematically, they left the walls and subfloor wet and didn't finish the repairs! Mold damage was the result. This same one-stop operation left a customer's home in total disrepair. They did not have enough loyal subcontractors to finish the work in a timely manner. We were called in to fix the problem and did so in a workman like manner.
We could go on and on with takes of woe. These companies give our entire industry a bad name. We sincerely hope you will ask a lot of questions before you call any of them.
Also, beware of middle men who have only a web presence here in Mobile or operate out of a one room suite with a telephone. These people have no loyalty to your community, and often subcontract work out to untrained subcontractors (or use TEMPORARY WORKERS IN YOUR HOME!!), and may or may not do simple background checks on their personnel. These subs likely aren't trained, or certainly aren't trained to degree that the long tenured employees of ServiceMaster ADVANCED are.
Why take a chance?
Remember that you have a choice in who comes to your home or business to clean up water damage, fire damage & perform mold remediation. Which company comes to serve you is ultimately NOT the choice of your insurance company or your adjuster, it is up to you the homeowner or the business owner. Why not choose the company that began the water damage and fire damage mitigation business? Your neighbors. Your friends and people who are a part of your community. That's ServiceMaster Advanced Cleaning & Restoration, The Master of Disaster. We would be honored to serve you. (251) 633-9333 / (251) 928-1028.