(251) 653-9333 is the number for ServiceMaster Advanced Cleaning & Restoration in Mobile, AL, The Master of Disaster. WE WORK WITH CONTRACTORS AND CONSTRUCTION COMPANIES & WE DO NOT COMPETE WITH YOU. We can handle a full scale water damage repair, fire damage repair, or mold remediation project of any size. We can work under the contractor, or be a total one-stop provider and bill for the contracting and repair services in one invoice. We are amenable to any arrangement and we work with any and all contracting companies to find the best fit for a total solution for the customer. We arrange moving where need be and arrange packout and storage, and finally can provide detail post-construction cleanup at the completion of the job.
Flexibility. It's what the homeowners, contractors and insurance companies want. We deliver. ServiceMaster Advanced Restoration works WITH construction companies and homeowners in a variety of ways, and we tailor make our approach based upon the needs of the client and the requirements of the insurance company.
Unlike a conversion start-up ServiceMaster franchise, (or any other repair company), who is essentially an insurance re-build contractor; our company is primarily an expert water damage mitigation, fire damage mitigation, and mold damage remediation company. We are experts in this field. We should be. After all, we have been doing it for nearly 30 years and have some of the most highly trained staff in the industry. We do not promote ourselves as a one-stop shop that competes with contractors, we are a flexible mitigation and repair company that will arrange for anything that a customer wants. We keep the interest of the customer first. Period.
Over the years, we have learned that it is a far better business model to become the area's industry leading expert in one field - migitation & remediation - and asist our customers in their repair needs. By doing this, we have cultivated some very thankful customers, have saved many of them thousands of dollars in repairs, and have made many friends in the construction and home repair industry as well.
Here are some of the many ways in which we have helped customers with their repair needs in conjunction with fire, water or mold damage:
1. Full service. We provide the water or fire mitigation and we hire a known contractor who has many many years of service in the industry. Several of the contractors that we work with are also APPROVED insurance program repair contractors. The service is seamless and we submit one bill to the insurance company or the homeowner and we warrant all of the contractors services. From the customer's standpoint, it is one entity providing all services.
2. Partial full service. We provide the water or fire mitigation and we hire the mitigation related services such as duct cleaning, dry cleaners, moving & storage and demolition; but the customer hires the contractor, perhaps one that we suggest or one that has done work for the customer before. The customer is billed separately for our part (mitigation and the mitigation related services), and the contracting. This system works well when the customer wishes to upgrade their interior, rather than rebuild as it was before.
It is important to note that in the first two examples, ANY ServiceMaster entity, or other accepted PROGRAM provider for either State Farm Insurance or Allstate Insurance, (like us) is specifically PROHIBITED form handing both mitigation/remediation and rebuild. These two insurance companies specifically prohibit this and they isssue stiff penalties for us even attempting to suggest contractors. They view this as a direct conflict of interest. Apparently they feel that the mitigation companies, who are charged with trying to save and dry building materials and contents, would be less inclined to attempt to save materials if there were an economic incentive for them to replace them. They apparently have statistics to back this up. If a ServiceMaster or Servpro or any other program entity attempts to perform your rebuild, or tries to steer you to their contractor, you should be aware that this is specifically against the rules of these two insurance companies.
3. Totally separate service. We provide water damage mitigation, fire mitigation or mold remediation services, and a contractor who is suggested by the insurance company or who is known to the homeowner, provides rebuild services. Any other mitigation related services are contracted individually by the homeowner as well. Some insurance companies insist that the claim is handled this way.
4. Working FOR the contractor. Because of our many relationships in the home repair business, many contractors call us to help dry small areas before they rebuld floors and walls among other interior structures. Many call us out for mold remediation in conjunction with a home repair or remodel project. These are the type of contractors that we enjoy working with. They know that they can't fully assure a customer that the structure is either dry, smoke odor free, or mold free; and they call the experts in to asssit. This delivers a higher quality of service, and a level of comfort to their customers that they otherwise would not be able to provide. Many times, we are called out and asssit the contractor in finding moisture or solving odor or mold problems, and there is little actual work for us to do. We are nonetheless glad to serve these contractors and we know that in the long run, there will be plenty of actual work to do. We also provide a large number of post-construction cleaning projects for these same contractors in both homes and businesses.
There are many ways in addition to the above the we can assist the homeowner and contractor in a remodel, water or fire damage, or mold situation. The key is that unlike many small companies in the remediation business, we are honest and our primary concern is reducing the cost to the customer. We know that in the long run, this service oriented approache will pay dividends. We have many artilces and videos on how we approach the mitigation business. Try visiting our site to see what we are all about. http://www.servicemastermobilealabama.com.
ServiceMaster Advanced Cleaning of Mobile AL specializes in Water Damage Restoration Services, Fire Damage Restoration & Mold Remediation including Carpet Cleaning & Drying, Wall Drying, Hardwood Floor Drying and Cabinet Drying for both Commercial and Residential Clients. We provide a number of deep cleaning services including post-construction cleaning, detail cleaning, hard surface floor refinishing in addition to janitorial at our sister company, ServiceMaster Services, (251) 344-5105. This company provides janitorial to some of the most well-know entities in the Mobile area. http://www.servicemastermobilealabama.com/Janitorial.html
Based out of Mobile AL, we serve the entire local area including Mobile, Citronelle, Saraland, Satsuma, Chickasaw, Prichard, Eight Mile, Semmes, Theodore, Grand Bay, Irvington, Bayou La Batre, Dauphin Island, Bay Minette, Loxley, Stapleton, Spanish Fort, Daphne, Lillian, Fairhope, Silver Hill, Foley, Elberta, Seminole, Magnolia Springs, Orange Beach, Perdido Key, Gulf Shores and every community in Mobile and Baldwin Counties in South Alabama; and Pascagoula, Gulfport, Biloxi and every community in Jackson and Harrison Counties in Mississippi.
We are the original and largest ServiceMaster enterprise operating in the Mobile area. We have been here for over 25 years (nearly 30) and have handled some of the largest cleanup jobs ever completed in the Mobile area. From tornado cleanup jobs during the tornadoes of Christmas 2012 in Mobile, and in Hattiesburg, MS in 2013; to hurricane cleanup jobs in Hurricanes Ivan, Katrina, and every Spring rain and flood event to happen in the area in the last quarter century, ServiceMaster Advanced has been there. We didn’t just begin our mitigation company last year, we have been here all along and have steadily grown with the community and helped the parent company innovate and improve the brand. ServiceMaster Advanced Cleaning has performed mitigation jobs for the Alabama State Docks, The Mobile Convention Center, the RSA Tower, The Mobile Infirmary, the AmSouth Tower, the Regions Bank Building, the University of South Alabama, The City of Mobile, The County of Mobile, Springhill College, Springhill Memorial, Mobile Infirmary, ST Mobile Aerospace, Airbus, The Mobile County School System, The Corps of Engineers, The State of Alabama and many many more commercial buildings and thousands of homeowners. If you find yourself in need of mitigation services for your home or business, trust the true professionals, the company that the commercial industry turns to time and again, the Master of Disaster, ServiceMaster Advanced Cleaning & Restoration, enterprise number 7027, and make sure you call this specific number: (251) 653-9333. http://www.servicemastermobilealabama.com. "We would be honored to serve you." - Rob Guthans, President, SerivceMaster Advanced Cleaning & Restoration, The Master of Disaster.