Honest Advice and Tips on Water Damage Restoration
Advice and Tips on Water Damage Restoration - Advice and integrity that you can count on (251) 653-9333 / (251) 928-1028
(251) 653-9333 and (251) 928-1028 are the numbers to call for the Master of Disaster, ServiceMaster Advanced Cleaning and Restoration in Mobile and Baldwin Counties respectively. We have been providing fire and water damage, and mold remediation services to the area for over 30 years and we have handled some of the largest cleanup jobs ever performed on the Gulf Coast. Please visit our site http://www.servicemastermobilealabama.com for more information.
In our 30 years of operation (here in Mobile and Baldwin Counties), we have seen it all. It is very likely that your situation is not nearly as bad as the worst one we've seen. We promise that together, we can put your water damage behind you in a practical and cost effective manner.
In today's insurance market, we often see deductibles of $2,500 or more, for water damage claims. Often our restoration (extraction & drying) charges are far less than those deductibles. In those cases, it makes no sense to file an insurance claim. In fact, in many cases ServiceMaster Advanced can find a way to help the homeowner or commercial building owner without there being a need to file a claim. In this way, there is no risk that your coverage will be dropped or your premiums will be raised. It costs nothing for us to come take a look and you always still have the option of filing a claim if the damage is more severe. We can also help you with reconstruction services if needed. Whatever you do, give us a call first. It is your choice who does work for you; not your insurance company. You might as well get the best, most honest advice as to a how to handle your damage. That's what we are here for and that's what we do.
Here is what we suggest very generally (remember all water damage situations are different):
1. Stop the water intrusion as soon as possible. Seal the roof or turn the water off at the street if necessary.
2. Call us immediately. (251) 653-9333 or (251) 928-1028 and locate your important documents including insurance policies.
3. Remove any light items that can be salvaged from the water. Open luggage, furniture drawers and closet doors to enhance circulation.
4. Wipe furniture dry while we are on our way, and lift any curtains to remove them from standing water.
5. Remove photos and books and begin sorting through wet items, set out and open books to dry if practical.
6. Do not use electrical appliances in affected areas. Do not use ordinary vacuums. Do not go into rooms with standing water if the electricity is still on.
7. Remove small area rugs that are affected if they are not too heavy.
8. Do not disturb any mold if present.
9. If practical, you may want to attempt to mop water; however we will be on scene within 30 minutes and we can more effectively machine extract.
10. Remain calm and wait for ServiceMaster! We will be faster than anyone and we will provide guidance as to if you actually have an insurance claim.
ServiceMaster Advanced Cleaning and Restoration is an approved vendor for virtually every insurance company that operates in our regional area. At one time or another, over more than 30 years, we have worked with every insurance company that has ever written a policy here. In fact, many of them recommend us because we have been pre-qualified to work for them, meaning we are on their mitigation "program". This means that we have met their standards with regard to insurance, training, procedures etc. and that they are comfortable dispatching a claim to us, if the homeowner agrees. This is the important stipulation. The homeowner must agree and contract directly with us.
ServiceMaster Advanced, The Master of Disaster, is one of a small handful of companies locally that are approved as such. We appreciate the business that the insurance programs send to us; however out of the few that are approved as such, we want to stand alone as the best. We want to earn your business be deserving of your trust, not only, because the insurance company recommended us, but because our reputation and policies are such that you would have hired us anyway. We want to stand alone out of all of the recommended companies, that you will tell your insurance agent, company or adjuster that you want ServiceMaster Advanced Cleaning, Enterprise number 7027, (251) 928-1028 or (251) 653-9333, to service your home or business. "We would be honored to serve you."